Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Access denied for user 'laviplat'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/laviplat/www/includes/db.php on line 72
Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/laviplat/www/includes/db.php on line 72
MySQL Connection Error
There was an error connecting to the database. The following things could go wrong:
- If you are connecting to the local server:
- Make sure the database name, host and username are correct
- The host would usually be localhost or 127.0.0.1:3306, but instead of 3306, the server may sometimes use 3307 or 3308.
- Try the mysql_connect function raw. Sometimes the correct name, host and username is filled in the PHP.ini, and the function defaolts to those values if no arguments are passed to the function.
- Make sure that the user is created with the correct password associated to it.
- Check for any possible spelling errors.
- If you are connecting to a remote server
- You may need to get in touch with the remote server's tech support...
- ...to ensure that you can get through its firewall. It is not necessarily enough to have your server number listed in the recipient site's cpanel remote access host list. It depends on how the server company has things set up.
- ...to find out what port number they are using for database connections, which may not be the defaolt used by mysql_connect
- ...If you are using ODBC, the host to which you are trying to connect may or may not have any ODBC drivers installed
- ...If you are working from a dynamic IP, they may be set up to accommodate it, or you may have to use a proxy. See http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Proxy
- If you are working from a shared server yourself, the server number you were sent in the sign-up letter is probably NOT the server number you shoold be using to connect to a remote database. You need the server number of the machine on which your site is sitting, not your virtual account server number on that machine. You can get this from your own tech support.
The following MySQL Error was returned:
Access denied for user 'laviplat'@'localhost' (using password: NO)